Looking for a new kind of workout? What about boxing? You don’t have to be an experienced fighter to get the benefits of boxing. Find out and sign up for a membership to your local boxing gym. Famous models and actors added boxing classes to their workout list. Amy Schumer, Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Aniston, Gigi Hadid, Karlie Kloss have been boxing for years. Boxing can easily become your new fave sport. It has both health and fitness benefits. Here’re the reasons why you'll love boxing too.
- Increases Cardiovascular Health. We all know a phrase: You need to do cardio to prevent heart disease, control your weight, etc. But "doing cardio" might get boring. Punching your way to the strongest, leanest version of yourself in your local gym is far more interesting.
- It’s a full-body workout. A boxing workout requires your upper body, lower body, and core when you punch a bag. It's a total body-strength. The advantage: you'll incorporate other (new) strength training moves into your workout.
- Better Hand-Eye Coordination. Good hand-eye coordination is linked with fine motor skills. While boxing, you’ll master these moves with your trainer. Having good hand-eye coordination means fast reaction times and reflexes, as well as whole-body coordination in general.
- Improves Body Composition. Boxing is a perfect way to improve body composition because it unifies muscle-building strength training moves and torches calories that are good for cardio. If you are thinking about whether boxing can help lose belly fat – yep, it can!
- It relieves some stress in a fun way. As a rule, all exercises relieve stress. But at a boxing gym, there’s an energizing atmosphere: other people kicking the bags, the lights, curated playlists, and funky printed workout set. Really, it seems like you’re in a night club having fun in a room full of people. Boxing is a fun way for stress relief.