Pineapple Clothing Blog
3 School Lunch Recipe Ideas
Whether your child is physically going back to school or homeschooling this year, they’ll need to have ready made meals to fuel their learning. Yes, even if they’re homeschooling, they won’t have time to stop and cook up a whole meal for themselves in between online classes and zoom sessions, so meal prepping will be key! Here are some school lunch recipe ideas that will be easy to make, easy to eat, flavorful and nutritious!
Veggie Bagel or Croissant Sandwich
There’s something so filling and yummy about a bagel or croissant sandwich. And so very customizable! Replacing the regular old, boring bread with a bagel or croissant to the sandwich is a simple way to make it more flavorful and exciting. This recipe is a veggie sandwich, but you can switch it out, replace items, add tuna or cold cuts or whatever your child likes! Goes great with kettle chips!
- 1 bagel, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain brown mustard
- 1 leaf romaine lettuce
- 2 (1/4 inch thick) rings green bell pepper
- 4 slices cucumber
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 slices red onion
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
Spread mustard onto the cut sides of the bagel. Layer the lettuce, green pepper, cucumber, and tomato on one half. Season the tomato with salt and pepper. Top with onion and alfalfa sprouts, then cover with the other half of the bagel.
Who doesn’t love pizza? This one’s a cool, convenient little twist on pizza, subbing in yummy Indian Naan bread instead of traditional pizza crust Naan has a golden, crispy crust, a lot of cheese and again - super customizable.
- 2 or 4 naan breads - the garlic naan is a great choice
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Other topping ideas:
- Peppers & arugula
- Pesto & basil
- Sauteed mushrooms & herbs
- Spinach artichoke
- Veggie supreme
- Avocado & goat cheese
- Breakfast pizza
Pre-baked Naan is best. Start with the pizza sauce, then add the cheese. Add toppings & bake for 12-15 minutes or until optimal crispiness is reached.
This one’s a nice, hearty choice with plenty of healthy ingredients. If your kids already love eggs, they’ll absolutely love this.
- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 4 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Mix flour & 1/4 teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter + add to flour, stirring to combine completely. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, salt & pepper.
- Place 1 tablespoon of dough mixture into each muffin cup & gently flatten out to cover the bottoms. Sprinkle with cheese, then cover with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set & browned. Let it cool completely before packing to go.